Saturday, December 17, 2016

The palette/the purpose

Lately I have been reflecting on the art I'm doing and have done.  Looking to the future I suppose. I've been working with a mentor, a recognized and respected artist, with the hope that I will become more  directed and perhaps feel some security knowing I have made purposeful choices as I proceed with  my drawing and painting.

One thing is for certain, the work of a painter requires a commitment of time if any real growth is going to occur.  And growth is something I want.  Along with locating my particular voice.

To the extent that art making for me results in the development of personal skill I am happy for that achievement.  But if I can foster a unique expression, one that only I can reveal, I would feel accomplished.  Until proven otherwise I think all persons have a unique voice and vision.  My search is continuing!

Acrylic, charcoal and graphite
on paper/2016

No comments: