Friday, December 2, 2016

Struggling to abstraction??


I am challenging myself to find a way to break this down, to break away from perspective and proportion, to alter the objective view in a way which reveals something of myself and my place in the world.  In the process I am attempting to expand (or obliterate?) the details, the minutia, to a point where something essential is revealed.  In a way it's almost like an exercise in philosophical reasoning, I think.  In some ways, for me, reading philosophy is like absorbing the history of man on earth, in a condensed version where ultimate questions dominate and from the complexity a truth could be revealed.  If I'm lucky enough to understand what I've read!!

This work is very slow.  I'm wondering if I do myself a disservice by plodding along?
 

No comments: