Monday, October 7, 2013

Exhibits

I've got about ten pieces on view at two local venues this month, which I think is pretty cool and exciting.  Three pieces at Artspace Community Art Center in Greenfield and the balance at Sawmill River Arts Gallery in Montague.
The Artspace exhibit (Slatts & Co.) is an annual group show of figurative work by a number of local artists.  This year the curator is featuring color pencil montages by Kevin Slattery, an art maker from Northfield.  Sawmill River is exhibiting some seasonal-related work by member painters in Season of Color and is also showing paintings by members as well as some excellent craft work by members and consignors.
Details:

Slatts & Co.
Artspace Community Art Center
15 Mill Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
October 1- October 31, 2013
Gallery Hours: M-F, 1pm-6pm
413-772-6811

Season of Color 
Sawmill River Arts Gallery
440 Greenfield Road
Montague, MA 01351
October 1- October 31, 2013
Gallery Hours: Thurs.-Sunday, 12:00pm-6:00pm
413-367-2885

My work in Slatts & Co. includes a reclined figure at rest in a field of impressionistic flowers and grasses.  From my vantage point it is bold in its presentation and coloration.  I used cadmium red mixed off and on with titanium white for some screeching pinks; I occasionally blended it with other colors but didn't allow myself much time to consider it before hanging.  Anyway, it's there and maybe a bit out there as well.  Here's a tiny, tiny image....wish I had something better.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't even post the picture..........but the pink is, wow, bright enough to make out even if the image isn't!  I think I might have shocked myself!!

1 comment:

StormcrowNaturePreserve said...

Screeching pink! Love it! I wish the picture was a little bigger so I could really really see it.