Sunday, October 28, 2012

In Progress/oil abstraction

Oil on canvas
18" x 24"

I wish, sometimes, that I wasn't all over the place....in the sense that I have to move from this to something based more on what I'm looking at and vice versa.  I did this with abandon (weird comment since as I look at it it seems so tight!), with a bravado and flourish as if I were waving a conductor's baton.  At least that was so as I initiated it with thinned cobalt blue, pushing out foundation lines to build upon.  I'll show the finished piece soon.
So I'll close with the admonition (to myself!) that I should just be pleased with what it is and never mind what it isn't!!

1 comment:

Joanne Holtje said...

I am really interested to see where you go with this, Rob. I haven't seen too many of your non-objective (I actually hate that term) paintings, but I think this is, compositionally, one of the strongest. It has that diagonal,which you use a lot, but it also spirals a bit and keeps my eye moving around the canvas.
It does not seem tight to me all.
Very biomorphic and fluid.
Joanne